Golf Canada is excited to share that it is renewing its commitment to improving the overall environmental sustainability of the CPKC Women’s Open. Our ultimate goal: to welcome our athletes, attendees and volunteers to the most eco-friendly tournament on the LPGA Tour. We recognize that this is an ambitious goal, and to that end, we have chosen to work towards this over a multi-year period. We have set the following hard goals to focus our efforts for the coming years:
- Become a zero-waste event.
- Become a carbon neutral event.
- Become certified to GEO Foundation’s “GEO Certified” standard.
Golf Canada and the CPKC Women’s Open are committed to working with the Green Event Ninjas in order to achieve all sustainability goals at the event.
Examples of sustainable initiatives taken on site consist of:
- Offering all attendees free shuttles from Mt. Royal University to encourage car pooling to the event, as well offering on-site bike valet to reduce emissions created by spectator travel.
- Promoting the use of public transit as a way to get to the event.
- Providing refillable water stations in several high traffic locations throughout the property, with the aim of reducing over 25,000 plastic bottles.
- CPKCWO will produce a post event sustainability report highlighting successes. The report will also share future plants to improve the events sustainability & ways to further reduce its carbon footprint.